In this section

Tracing your animals — an introduction

To protect your animals from disease and guard NZ's reputation for high quality exports you must register yourself, your animals and the locations where you keep them.

Lifestyle farmers and pet owners

If you own cattle or deer, even if it's a pet cow and not a whole herd, you must register with NAIT and TBfree so we can trace your animals if there's a disease outbreak.

Zoos and wildlife parks

If you're the Person in Charge of Animals (PICA) at a zoo or wildlife park you must register yourself and your location in NAIT, and provide details of your animals.