Graphic of a megaphone
Are you accredited?

To be an information provider, first you must be accredited and registered in the NAIT system.

Becoming an accredited organisation

You act on behalf of a farmer

People in Charge of Animals (PICAs) on a farm can nominate one or more information providers to help them meet their NAIT obligations.

Graphic of a megaphone
Do you have a contract with the farmer?

Before you can act on behalf of a farmer, you need to enter into a contract with them. After the contract is signed, they can grant you access to their NAIT account.

You help farmers meet their NAIT obligations

Some farmers need your support because they:

  • don't have access to the internet
  • lack administrative support
  • lack computer knowledge
  • don't have the required scanning equipment
  • need help with record keeping and maintenance of their NAIT accounts.

What you do

You, on behalf of the PICA:

  • register PICA
  • register locations
  • register animals
  • record movements
  • maintain account details.

Farmers have responsibilities toward you

Even though you may be acting for a PICA, it's still the farmer's responsibility to ensure their NAIT account is up to date, and they are meeting their NAIT obligations.

Farmers must keep track of the information you record in their account by:

  • monitoring automated email notifications they receive from NAIT, and
  • logging into their NAIT account to check the details are correct.

Incorrect or missing information

If a farmer suspects you have provided incorrect or missing information to NAIT, they should raise this with you directly to have it resolved. They can also contact us for further help.