The Council represents livestock industry sectors across the supply chain alongside central government and regional council. The Council advises and makes recommendations to the Board on operational policy associated with OSPRI programmes. The Council is also responsible for making recommendations to OSPRI's shareholders on appointments to the Board.
Our current Stakeholders' Council members are:
- James Buwalda (Chair): Independent
- Innes Moffat: Deer Industry New Zealand
- Nicol Horrell: Local Government NZ
- Phil Smith: Beef + Lamb NZ
- Wayne Langford: Federated Farmers of NZ
- Ian Brown: DairyNZ
- William Beetham: Federated Farmers of NZ
- Shane Lodge: Dairy Companies Association of NZ
- Stu Hutchings and Mary van Andel: Ministry for Primary Industries
- Paddy Boyd: NZ Deer Farmers' Association
- Sirma Karapeeva: Meat Industry Association
- Steve Morrison: NZ Stock & Station Agents Association
- Don Wilson: Road Transport Sector
- Estelle Leask: Predator Free NZ Limited.